Purpose of the Parent Teacher Organization
To foster and enrich the educational efforts of teachers and parents in the development of outstanding young citizens. :
- Building strong relationships between the school staff and school families.
- Raising funds to enhance the students’ education.
- Actively promoting and marketing the value of education provided at I.C.
How PTO dollars are spent
- Installation of new lighting and ceiling fans in school hallways all classrooms
- Re-surfacing of the school playground and purchase of new playground equipment
- New desks for classrooms
- Reconstruction of school display case (current project)
Annual program and classroom support
- Teacher classroom allowance and purchase of classroom supplies including art supplies
- Purchase of Weekly Reader and other classroom periodicals
- Costs associated with sponsoring our May Crowning and purchase of First Communion flowers as well as refreshments for school events such as All Saints’ Day, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, and Catholic Schools Week and field trips.
- $1000 scholarship for a graduating senior who completed the sixth grade at I.C..
- Special instruction and classes such as basic babysitting classes (available for 5th and 6th graders).
- Equipment for athletic activities
- Purchase of promotional advertisement in the local newspaper